Finding the right pet supplies wholesaler can make a big difference in booming your business. And it can help you provide your customers with the best products and service possible. Here are 8 critical factors to help you choose the right supplier for your business:
There are a few things this may affect.
1) Quality: If the pet supplies wholesaler is located in a province with low manufacturing standards, there’s a chance the product isn’t up to par. Two third of pet supplies are produced and exported from Zhejiang province with higher manufacturing demands and tech.
2) Price: If the supplier is located at a lower cost of living, they may be able to produce the same product for less, like in Hebei/Henan provinces, china inland. But they need to take care of quality too, cause mainly they are producing like pet clothes for the domestic market and are good at quantity, but not always quality.
3) Shipping delivery time and costs
2. Product Types
As we know, the pet supplies wholesaler should offer various products to meet your business’s needs, which are also specific to your industry or niche.
3. Product Quality
There are a few key ways to ensure that you get a good product from your pet supplies wholesaler.
1) Have a clear and concise specification of what you want the product to be. This should be in writing or typing, and it should be as specific as possible. The more details you can provide, the better.
2) Get a product sample before paying a deposit and commit to buying in large quantities.
The supplier may have a minimum order quantity (MOQ) that they require you to purchase to receive the product at the desired price point. This is common with a pet supplies wholesaler, as they need to know that you are serious about making a purchase and are not simply inquiring about pricing. If the MOQ is too high for your needs, you may consider working with a trustable trading company or sourcing agent. They are more flexible on MOQ, like down to 50 10 200 pieces.
5. Product Prices
It can be challenging. You can do a few things to research the market and ensure you’re getting a good deal.
You might want to send your inquiry to a few different match suppliers and get a rough idea of the price range and look up the cost of the raw materials from the product. This will give you a good idea of the product’s base cost.
6. Payment Methods
As a professional pet supplies wholesaler, he must list the accepted payment methods on any website or order confirmation emails. Nowadays, usually, Chinese suppliers accept a 30% deposit to start production and 70% before loading or against BL copy. Just make sure to check everything before paying the balance.
7. Lead Time
Lead time can be affected by several factors, including the size and complexity of the products, the distance, and the time of year. You want to ensure that the supplier can ship orders quickly and efficiently. And write the lead time into your PI (performa invoice), and the contract.
8. Support&after-sale Service
A supplier that is difficult to work with or doesn’t offer adequate support can quickly become a headache. Time and ways to get support, any good ways to deal with after-sales complaints, and any subscriptions to keep product trends updated, etc.